If you would like to work with me, please contact me through my contact form, and I will get back to you via e-mail. Please let me know the type of service you require, the word count of your manuscript, and the timeframe you have in mind. I will then provide you with a price, suggest a deadline, and address any questions you may have.
I will translate your novel into German. The final translation will be delivered as a Word document (docx). Please note that while you will receive a high-quality product with few errors, a book manuscript may require multiple rounds of proofreading to ensure complete accuracy. Consider adding additional proofreading services.
I will proofread your German manuscript. This service can be added to my translation service or booked separately if you already have a translation. While occasional sentence rewriting is a natural part of this service, it does not include editing. Poor or AI-generated translations can be challenging to proofread and often require extensive editing to achieve an acceptable quality. In such cases, consider booking my editing service.
Editing of translations
I will carefully edit a poor or AI-generated translation and deliver a high-quality manuscript that is enjoyable to read. Please note that the result may deviate more from the original compared to a direct translation. If accuracy is a concern, consider booking a new translation from scratch.
We will agree on a deadline before I begin my work. I will do my very best to deliver the completed work on the agreed-upon day before 12 a.m. CET or earlier. If this is our first time working together, please note that you will receive 80% of the manuscript initially, and the remaining 20% will be provided within 24 hours after the invoice is settled.
Translations: 3 Cents (€) per English word (€30 per thousand words)
Editing: 1.2 Cents (€) per German word (€12 per thousand words)
Proofreading: 0.5 Cents (€) per German word (€5 per thousand words)
At the completion of each novel, I will send you an invoice via PayPal. For the first book, 80% of the manuscript will be delivered, and the remaining 20% will be provided upon receipt of payment (within 24 hours due to time zones). Please provide the name and email address of the invoice recipient.
You will retain full ownership of your work. I do not have the right to share, copy, or publish any content from your manuscript, regardless of the language.
I am to be credited as the translator (Evelyne Schulz, Con-Text.org) either at the beginning or end of the book, as well as in the metadata of the published work (if applicable). No credit is required for proofreading.
Please note that my translation service only includes the translation and one final read-through. Without additional proofreading, your readers and beta-readers will inevitably stumble upon the occasional typo. Since I know that many authors are on a budget, I will correct all errors pointed out to me within the first three months free of charge.
I will strive to deliver the completed work on or before the agreed-upon deadline. However, I kindly request that you avoid scheduling critical events, deadlines, or releases immediately after this date without prior discussion with me. As I have children with special needs, unforeseen issues may arise, potentially leading to delays. In the event of a delay extending beyond two weeks, the total price of the translation will be reduced by 10%.